Several months ago I let you know that I would be reviewing the Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Automatic Ice Cream Maker. I ordered my Ice Cream maker from CSN stores, and received it within a week. I was so excited! I have always used the older version ice cream makers with the ice and rock salt so I was looking forward to trying out a newer version.
I have to admit, I was a little skeptical that the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker would work as well as the old ice cream makers I have always used to make homemade ice cream. I was rather disappointed that the ice cream bowl needed to be in the freezer for 12-24 hours before we could make our ice cream, but the time passed quickly as I gathered supplies to make our treat.
When it was time to make our ice cream we were not disappointed – the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker is much better than the older ice and rock salt version ice cream makers that I am use to. The Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker is quick, easy, and produces delicious ice cream every single time!
- The Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Automatic Ice Cream Maker doesn’t really allow the ice cream to become firm – it keeps it rather soft. However, this was quickly changed once I decided to chill all the ingredients in the fridge about 4-6 hours before we were ready to make our ice cream! 🙂
- You have to keep an eye on the ice cream for when it is done. Otherwise, it will overflow and create quite a mess!
- Fast! It makes a batch of ice cream in less than 30 minutes if you chill your mixture before using the ice cream maker
- Easy-peasy clean up
- Excellent Poor Through Lid so we can add cookies, candies, fruits, or whatever strikes our fancy
- Quiet – unlike the older ice and rock salt versions
I have not tried any of the recipes that came along in the Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Automatic Ice Cream Maker Booklet, but rather a recipe that has been passed down to me from my mother. I had to make some adjustments to make the ingredients fit in to the 1.5 quart ice cream maker, but it turned out absolutely delicious!
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
For 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup + 2 TBS Eagle Brand Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 4 TBS Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1/2 TBS Vanilla
- 4 Cups Milk
Beats Eggs and Sugar on high until creamy. Add Eagle Brand Milk, pudding mix, salt, and vanilla until well mixed. Reduce mixer to low and add milk. Mix well to ensure ingredients are well blended. Chill for 4-6 hours before making ice cream for firmer results, otherwise pour straight into your ice cream maker!
The Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Automatic Ice Cream Maker is an excellent small ice cream maker that is perfect for my husband and I…plus a few friends! It is more expensive than the traditional ice + rock salt ice cream makers, but you will end up saving the difference by not having to purchase the ice and rock salt every time you want ice cream! Right now CSN Store has them on sale for $43.95 and Amazon has them on sale for $59.00.
We love ours and consider it a great investment into helping us keep cool on the humid and hot summer days!
This post may contain affiliate links. Check out our disclosure policy for more details.